Projecting Change Film Festival
The goal of this project was to foster engagement in the discussion of food labeling through an interactive half-day event. By running a workshop with the designers of Let’s Patch (a self-watering gardening kit), showing the film Genetic Roulette and leading a question and answer session by Victory Gardens, we aimed to inspire an audience to gain perspective on the significance of labeling genetically modified foods.
Background: In December 2012, the discussion around labeling genetically modified foods was gaining exposure. Goodforks teamed up with Projecting Change, a 5-day film festival in Vancouver that features award-winning documentaries while exploring themes and discussions in environmental and social sustainability.
- Event planning
- Social media
- Speaking Engagements
- Art Direction and Design: Briony Crane
- Film Screening: Katie Schaeffers, Projecting Change
- Strategy: Deborah Haust
- Workshop: Kent Houston, Let’s Patch
- Q&A: Lisa Giroday, Victory Gardens
- Social Media: Leila Pejman
- Model: Eugene Boulangier
- Event Photos: darkoroom.com